Our new cover is a photograph by Patrick Reynolds of architect Sir Miles Warren's amazing home and garden, Ohinetahi, on Banks Peninsula. The home was substantially damaged in the September 2010 Canterbury earthquake, but has now been rebuilt in a slightly different form. You can read Finlay Macdonald's in-depth interview with Sir Miles about his home and Christchurch's post-quake future in the magazine, on newsstands Monday June 4.
Other exhilarating, beautiful, drool-worthy content in this issue includes:
- Our 2012 furniture and homeware Design Awards winner and finalists.
- Auckland architect Jack McKinney's remarkable villa transformation.
- A new Queenstown getaway by Pete Ritchie and Bronwen Kerr of Kerr Ritchie Architects.
- A major feature on architect Ian Athfield by Julia Gatley, coinciding with the upcoming launch of Julia's new book on Athfield Architects, as well as lavish coverage of Ath's remarkable, crumbling, inspiring Wellington home by Patrick Reynolds.
- New Zealand architect William Tozer's sleek, gritty design for a new apartment in an old London factory building.
- A fantastic encampment,style holiday home on Waiheke Island by Fearon Hay Architects.
- Much more, including interviews with Pete Bossley, Tanu Gago, Katie Lockhart, Martin Brown and others...